Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fantastic Eggs and Red Sauce

PHOTO OVER ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!

A powerful afternoon lunch of many flavorful delights was culminated through leftovers and scraps. To begin, I sliced a leftover tomato, yellow bell pepper, a handful of 5 Year Cheddar, and tossed them in a pan with Diced Green Chilies, and the remainder of Enchilada Sauce. This was not spicy. I simmered one clove of garlic along with the rest, and covered it for ten minutes.

 Meanwhile, I took three corn tortillas and covered them in oil, and baked them at 350 degrees while the rest cooked. I forgot about them while I was busy with the rest of the meal. They became crispy, and I broke them, having created some chips!

It was time to make eggs. I set out to make an omelet folded with this red sauce, but then wanted scrambled eggs instead. I used soy coffee creamer to whip them into shape. I cooked them in a non-stick pan, only the second time I'd used that pan in my kitchen this entire year, while the sauce continued to simmer.

To completion, I set forth two slices of lime, covered the sauce in Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce and Worcestershire, and grated Parmesan over the sauce, and some large leaf Romaine Lettuce, which I turned into a dainty salad, balancing flavors, using Drew's Organic Peppercorn Ranch Dressing. I also placed fresh parsley over all of the meal, because it's beneficial, and I had some on hand.

The Meal was complemented with a small bunch of grapes.

Overall flavor melding here was absolutely outstanding. The last bite of fluffy eggs turned my head around, permeating all points of my tongue, with the tastes of Lime, Enchilada, Hot Sauce, Worcestershire and plain eggs, it was fantastic.

No comments: