Saturday, April 23, 2011

A.K.A. I didn't make it- dinner

First thing's first: ALL CANNED PIZZA SAUCE SHOULD BE SEXED UP!

Crack open canned pizza sauce, add 1 TBSP Oregano, 1/2 Tbsp Sage, 1 tsp Worcestershire, 1 tsp Sriracha hot chili sauce. Add 3 TBSP Parmesan -shredded, warm on low heat, stirring occasionally.

Tonight: handful of baby carrots, 4 leftover dolmas, leftover deli pasta dish, old and dried up mozzarella sticks (yes, they dry out, like all frozen products), and the last of the sour cream, with the last of the french onion dip, in a cup on it's last leg with a crack on the side.

Who's living the high life now?! I am enjoying posting this, admittedly more than I liked the food. I guess it comes down to satisfaction after all. The satisfaction is,that I will attempt to eat most of this platter, and the remainder will go off to that heavenly compost bucket.

Thank you for tuning in to tonight's episode of "toss together leftovers".

And...now I confess... I didn't get very far. I ate the carrots and half the mozz. sticks, the pasta salad was never right in the first place--- undercooked noodles. The dolmas, I ate one, the second was mushy, and then I was turned off on it. I really enjoyed the two things I craved-- the stix, and the sauce,and the carrots. The sour cream french onion will be a tomorrow afternoon thing, and the sauce will be reserved for future cuisine adventures.
#### 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have eaten the carrots, dolmas, and pizza sauce and nixed the rest. Some WW flatbread could have padded it out.

20" Kitchen said...

I agree. It was kind of gross. Yes! Flatbread is great!

20" Kitchen said...

Thanks for reading!