Sunday, March 6, 2011

I think that will work!

Tonight,dinner was well recieved after a great array of activity filled the day with varying degrees of   nourishment.
   I used a few ingredients  I've been trying to work through- freezer stuffs, and produce in various states of ripeness, mostly, at or past peak.I used some frozen asparagus to  create a simple side dish. I took the asparagus and rinsed it (from frozen), and I grated bread crumbs over it, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I baked it for about 20 minutes, until the tips were crispy.

I also used up some frozen chicken that  was previously baked. I baked it again, and near the end of cooking, I added extra barbecque sauce.

I took shallots and garlic and chopped them into chunks. They were sauteed in butter and then set aside.I then cooked up four portobella mushroom caps, with gills removed,and stems, also. .

I made up a "That'll work" white sauce with some milk, swiss cheese, mozzarella and grated parmesan. I added some bacon I was too shy to finish the other morning. It was well recieved in the cheese sauce.

I thought I had used all of my pasta, and I was right! So, I continue this theme of "that'll work" by opening a box of macaroni and cheese, and dumping the pasta right into a pan, reserving the cheese sauce for another experiment down the road.

Dinner was paired with Trinity Oaks' red  wine. Trinity Oaks promises to plant a tree for every bottle you buy. It was great, shared with a friend.

No comments: