Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's just breakfast, but it counts

I'm breakfast crazy. I love it. I felt like I was totally crashing today, and I tore into an orange. I spent my work break eating a blood orange, and I will eat a delicious white grapefruit tomorrow.
Butter, Almond Butter, and Concord Grape Jelly
Alas, breakfast holds you solid for several hours in the morning. Then, you eat lunch, but you don't over indulge, and by dinner, you're eating an appropriate amount of food, but you aren't tempted to load up on the wrong things before or after.  It always comes back to breakfast. Nothing too special this morning, except a lot of onions in my omelet, and a nice serving of bacon. (I'll  mention here, that biscuits are special! I would love to make my own sometime). And go! --->Since I buy and eat for one, I cut a bacon package in half, and separate it into servings,and freeze what I don't plan to use that week. It's helpful to have some to pull out for using in a recipe, without compromising the rest of your supply. 

No comments: