Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stir Fry

What do you do with an overflow of extra Veggies? Cut them up and get them drunk. I recommend winging it. I often like to cook this way.
Saturday night's dinner was: Seitan (wheat gluten -- protein) Snow Peas, Zucchini, Broccoli, Carrots, Portobella Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Fresh Ginger, and Fresh Garlic.
I let the rice cooker cook Basmati Rice and I took a bunch of bottles and made my own sauce. It started with Tamari, then I added some Bragg's Liquid Aminos, some Lime juice concentrate, Toasted Sesame Seed Oil, and for frying the veggies, Safflower Oil.
I started by steaming the carrots in the rice cooker with the broccoli. I added them to the Zucchini and Mushrooms, adding all the sauce ingredients at once. I added arrowroot to thicken the sauce. I added the green peppers and snow peas last.
To keep the lime flavor at the top of your palate, add cilantro and fresh tomato ( I feature a green heirloom here).
I enjoyed this as a leftover!


No comments: