Sunday, July 18, 2010

Salads / Pasta / Soup / Baked Goods of past days

Whipped Cream, made by little whips. Start with heavy whipping cream, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar, whisk until thick. (takes a lot of time).
Tofu Pumpkin Pie. Yep. Beats the heck out of high cholesterol eggs. One small baking pumpkin can fill up to four shells. I had to use it in a pinch when there was a pumpkin shortage (believe it!). Love your pumpkins. Serve with Whipped Cream, or cashed butter.

Pumpkin Roll, recipe straight from Libby's Pumpkin can label. A labor of LOVE. Lots of work. This Monster Apple Crisp used a flour top and brown sugar. It is a Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker that is at least two inches deep, and over a foot wide. I used apples picked at a friends' place. It's great to substitute Maple Sugar cup for cup instead of Brown Sugar. Serve with Cashew Cream (grind cashews in food processor, add water, and freeze, allow to warm before serving).













Processed breakfast, but I was really satisfied with it that day, so I snapped a photo. Chik'n nuggets (vegetarian nuggets), Strawberries, honey on nuggets, almonds, and a cheese stick. Of course, ketchup!














A Poor excuse for French Onion Soup, but, that's a part of the learning process. It wasn't until my boyfriend and I got together that we were both finally successful in recent attempts to perfect French Onion Soup. This was from "Real Simple" magazine. I find that you must make your own broth from Bouillion, don't use canned beef broth, as is the case here. I enjoyed eating it, but lessons will be learned!





The Brussel Sprouts over shells ended up as more of a photography project than something I really enjoyed, mostly because the sprouts are not nearly as tasteful warm as when they're hot. I really enjoyed the photography, though! I would eat Brussels Sprouts more, they are good for you!






This salad is topped with salsa, raisin, parmesan, marble jack cheesr and carrots.







This is Jamaican Jerk Tempeh, it has a lot of sauces, and is very good over salad, you bake the tempeh for about 45 minutes.








No comments: