Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring time lunch

Wishing I was out-of-doors, I brought the taste and textures of freshness to my table, through a crispy, homegrown sprout-wich. I photographed it open face, so you could witness the madness contained inside. It's multi-grain and seed bread offered at Trader Joe's. It's my favorite new bread, having been photographed in yesterday's blog (How to have a delicious dinner). I have been tiring from my typical store bought bread, and this special sandwich was far from dull with these slices holding: Baked Savory Tofu, Grape seed Veganaise, Sierra Nevada Porter Mustard, a schmear of garlic butter over the tofu (transfer to plate) and a bit of shredded Parmesan Cheese, then microwaved until slightly melted. Pickles may be added. 

 The salad, a simple pile of locally grown lettuce over cucumbers and carrots, with some blue cheese crumbles and then flax seeds and flax oil, for good measure, Kalamata Olives sliced, and sliced almonds. I put on my FAVORITE! topping, Dried Sweet Cherries. I used Lucini Delicate Cucumber& Shallot dressing; as the added delicious flavor, and meal completer, I used Lucini's Balsamic Vinegar.  

Striving for "5 a day", I sliced a Kiwi Fruit onto my plate. I've got a cup of Rishi Tea Ginger Lime Rooibos. It's a full flavor afternoon, and I'm glad I could share the details with you!

No comments: