Monday, March 28, 2011

Power snack

Power snacking is a critical element to the way I live my life. Today, I used two new ingredients I had purchased in the last couple days. I bought Golden Flax Seeds on sale, and I bought Pomegranate seeds and paid $3.99 for 8oz.. I sprinkled both over Honey Greek Gods yogurt, a favorite. I buy the larger container, and have been fortunate to limit my consumption to about one 32 ounce container each month. Delicious yogurt is a must for all homes. It is a very versatile ingredient as you can use it for breakfast, a snack, a topping, a dessert, or as a substitute (plain yogurt can be flavored in many ways!).

I ground the flax in a pestle, but their slippery natured hulls proved too much for the pestle with a little elbow grease. I plan to acquire an electric coffee grinder for the purpose of grinding these seeds and adding them to salads, shakes, or again, a topping.

Pomegranate is a delicious fruit. Read more at a New Favorite website

 

All the toppings added up to a delicious powerfood snack that held off my hunger for hours.

No comments: