Saturday, January 15, 2011

Stir Fry Delight . . .

 


I fantasized of this delicious concoction, and it came true! It was, of course, a toss together dinner,but the intention was through and through, and it resulted in a delicious surprise (Thanks to Beth Hart, one of my standby artists).

I used the ingredients in Basic Stir Fry Sauce, except that I opted for Arrowroot over cornstarch, and I used some water from boiling potatotes versus chicken broth. I didn't really measure quantities, because I used the eyeball method, as well as taste-testing the sauce. In fact, I made it twice for the same recipe. There was consideration given to using Maple Syrup rather than brown sugar, but I didn't. It's having the option, you know? I also used Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, over the vinegary taste of Tabasco sauce. I

The substance of this dinner is broccoli, portobella mushrooms, purple cabbage, garlic, ginger, carrots, zucchini, and onions, with Tofu simmered to a crisp on the edges in a separate pan in olive oil, and then added to the plate and allowed to soak up the sauce of the stirfry. 

I devoured the dinner, and had just enough to snack on at lunch tomorrow.

No comments: