Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It was 3 am, and I was .... (gasp!) desperate

It's about time to show you my one holdout. Yep. Mac n' Cheese. But, you see, I admit it. I used the generic brand of macaroni. I bought it at the big bad box retailer that is based in Arkansas, and has clamped down on local economies, but at the same time is a large employer in my community with a distribution center here.

I make my mac n' cheese almost as is listed on the box, but a little better. I boil the pasta and drain it, and then in that same pan, I melt the butter and add milk (any kind of milk) and then I add the cheese sauce packet. I mix the pasta back in, and I then put in a slice of american cheese. I love to drizzle ketchup right onto my mac n' cheese, and also a lot of pepper.

I went ahead with the 'kid casserole' theme, and cooked up a hot dog in a separate pan (heat with water). I usually head for Ballpark Franks, but sometimes I'll buy Hebrew National because they're all natural. I think Ballpark are good. Again, this is DEAD FOOD. It's not extremely nutritious, beneficial, or anything. Why share it? It's desperado, man. I guess It's just that: comfort food.

No comments: