Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It Doesn't Have To Be Fancy

Dinner time.

It seems like a common perception that we have to build up dinner to be this big deal. What's most important about dinner is eating wholesome foods that nourish and provide some benefit with nutrition as the top candidate for the seat.

I think dinner can be at anytime of the day--- When I worked in Hampton, Iowa, the noon hour was referred to as "dinner".

I feel that vying for the top spot at "dinner" in my household is sharing that special time with people I care about, and offering things I made to nourish mind and spirit.

Don't worry about serving up a big hot dish, or a fancy salad. Be more concerned about relaxing over a simple dish, and absorbing the day's events, and looking forward to an evening of rest with those you love.

No comments: